Maytag Washer Won’t Spin What to Do |
Maytag Washer Won’t Spin What to Do
Maytag Washer Won’t Spin This Article Can Help If Your Maytag washer won’t spin. Check each of the components listed below to identify the issue and resolve it; if you can determine what is causing it, it will help.
Maytag Washer Won’t Spin
Verify the Lid Switch Assembly.
When the lid is improperly closed, the lid switch assembly prevents the washer from spinning. Your Maytag washer won’t spin when it develops a malfunction. You’ll require a multimeter to test the lid switch.
Here’s how to check it:
- Ensure that the power is turned off.
- Discover the lid switch (check your manual if necessary).
- Use your multimeter to check for continuity on the lid switch.
- You can inspect the drive belt if the test reveals that the switch has continuity and assumes that everything is in working order. You will need to replace the switch, though, if the continuity test is unsuccessful.
Look over the drive belt.
It is necessary to replace the drive belt when it breaks down because it aids in the washer’s ability to spin.
The drive belt should be examined as follows:
- Ensure that the washing machine is off.
- You’ll need to take off the top and side panels to find the drive belt.
- Examine the belt to make sure it is on the pulleys correctly and for any signs of damage.
- You will need to replace it if it is damaged. Continue examining the following component if it isn’t damaged.
Examine the motor coupling.
The motor coupling should be checked next. The washer’s motor and transmission are linked together by a connection.
How To Determine If It Is Harmed Is As Follows:
- Verify that the electricity has not been turned on.
- Find the motor coupling and inspect it for damage or a break.
- A replacement is required if it is broken. Check the door latch next whether it is in working order.
Verify The Door Latch.
Your Maytag washer’s door is kept closed while it is in use thanks to the door latch. The washer won’t spin after it opens.
To Inspect The Door Latch:
- Consult your owner’s manual to determine whether your door latch is mechanical or electronic.
- Ensure that the power is turned off.
- If your washer has a mechanical door latch, you can manually test it by seeing if the door closes securely when you start a cycle. You must use a multimeter to test the continuity of any electrical door latches you may have.
- You must verify the switches in your electrical door latch for continuity with the multimeter.
- If the switches need to be replaced because of the results of the multimeter test, one or more of them must have continuity. You can then inspect the motor control board if they do, however, have continuity.
Examine The Motor Control Board.
Power is sent to the motor by the motor control board. Your washer will stop spinning if it develops a malfunction.
Here’s how to determine whether it’s faulty or not:
- Verify that the electricity is still off.
- Look for the control board and check it for any burned-out parts.
- If you discover burned-out components, it is defective and needs to be replaced. If not, examine the clutch next.
Examine the clutch
The transmission and inner tub are joined by a clutch. Its function is to assist the bathtub in spinning at the necessary rate. Your washer won’t spin if it develops a problem.
You must: in order to inspect the clutch.
- Start a cycle on the washing machine.
- Determine whether the tub is turning in any way:
- The clutch is probably worn out if it won’t rotate at all.
- Another indication the clutch needs to be replaced is if it rotates, but only sometimes.
- The tub is not the problem if it spins normally, thus this is a good sign.
- You should change the clutch if it is worn out.
Look At The Drive Pulley.
A damaged or worn-out drive pulley is the next potential reason why your Maytag washer isn’t spinning. During a wash cycle, the washer is rotated by the pulley in conjunction with the drive belt.
Drive Pulley Inspection
- Find the drive pulley; to do this, you must remove the top and side panels (check your manual).
- Once you have access to the drive pulley, you should inspect it to see if it is worn out or damaged and to make sure the drive belt is wrapping around it properly.
- It is necessary to replace the driving pulley if it is faulty. The next component should be checked if it is functioning properly.
Examination Of The Rotor Assembly
To cause the drum to spin, the stator and rotor must operate together. There are numerous magnets on the rotor, and if any of them are destroyed, the tub won’t spin.
Checking the rotor is done as follows:
- Find the rotor.
- Following your discovery, you must check the magnets and the rest of the rotor component for any indications of damage.
- The whole unit must be replaced if you discover that any element of the rotor is broken or malfunctioning.
Examine The Stator Assembly.
Another probable explanation of your Maytag not spinning is a faulty stator assembly. For the tub to rotate, the stator and rotor work together.
The Stator Assembly Needs To Be Examined, So You must:
- Find the stator by looking for it next to the rotor.
- Look for any evidence of deterioration or general wear and tear in the stator’s windings.
- A new stator needs to be installed if the windings are broken.
Analyze The Drive Motor
The drive motor is the next element to be examined. Your washer won’t spin if it isn’t operating properly.
Here’s How To Check It:
- Shut off the electricity at the wall and use a voltmeter to make sure the drive motor is receiving power.
- If the power source is sound, turn on the washer and listen to see if the drive motor is humming or if it is excessively noisy. The drive motor has to be replaced if it is very noisy or buzzing.
- After the component has been replaced, switch the washer on to see if the issue has been resolved.
The last possible solution to your Maytag washer’s non-spinning problem is to replace the transmission. Although it happens extremely infrequently, this can sometimes be the reason why washers don’t function. However, you might decide that it’s best to just buy a new washer at this time.
The Majority Of Maytag Washer Models Are Covered In This Manual, Including:
MTW5720TQ0 MTW5721TQ0 MTW5730TQ0 MTW5770TQ0 7MMPD6634TQ0 7MMPD6845TM0 7MMPL6000TW0 7MMPM0040VQ0 7MMPM0060VM0 7MMPM0060VM1 7MMPS0070VM0 7MMPS0070VM1 A101 A102 A102S A103 A103S A104 MTW5620TQ1 MTW5700TQ0 MTW5707TQ0
YOU MAY ALSO READ THIS
- TV Won’t Connect To WIFI Wireless Network | Solution?
- washing machine washer not spinning clothes dry
- How To Fix Dishwasher Door Won t Close | Latch
- Samsung Washer Won t Unlock Door Will Not Open After Wash Cycle
- Bosch Refrigerator Error Codes
- Baxi Gas Boiler Error Codes
YOU MAY ALSO READ THIS
Ballu Air Conditioner Error Code
AmeriCool Air Conditioner Error Codes
Amana Washing Machine Error Code
AMANA Air Conditioner Error Codes
Acson Air Conditioner Error Codes
Aeronik Air Conditioner Error Codes
Aerotek Air Conditioner Error Codes
AKAI Air Conditioner Error Codes