How To Fix Scratched Game disc? You take out the game disc to play it and a huge scratch comes through the “read” side of the disc. You put the game in your console and it didn’t start. Scratches or scratches on the game disc are preventing the console from reading the game. Therefore you cannot play the game. How can you fix scratch game ASAP so you can play it? Below we have several tips and tricks to fix your scratch game disc. These methods will work on all game discs, including discs for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS2, PS3 and PS4.
Please note: A video game disc with major deep scratches will need to be professionally resurrected by a machine that fixes and fixes a CD disc. If there is a very deep and large scratch in the game, it cannot possibly be fixed at home.
All game console discs can be repaired using scratch removal methods below. Here are some ways to fix your scratched discs at home:
1. Rubbing alcohol method: Get a lint free non-scratch cloth. Place a small amount on the “read” side of the disk. Lightly rub gently from the center. Do not rub with excessive force or it can cause further damage to the game. Gently rub the outside until the rash either disappears or becomes less visible. Once clean and dry, insert the disc into the gaming console and see if it works. Repeat this method if necessary.
2. Toothpaste Method: Use a small dab of the gritty type of toothpaste. Gritty toothpaste can act as a mild abrasive and will remove scratches from the disc. To use the toothpaste method, first wet your finger. Gently wipe and roll the toothpaste on the disc into a scratch. Always do this using an outward motion in a straight line. From inside to outside. If you rub the toothpaste on a large circle, it can create more scratches. So always rub in or out, never left or right. Rub the paste for about a minute. Once you rub the scratch for 60 seconds, insert the disc under the tap and wash all of the toothpaste. Once washed, use a clean soft lint free cloth to clean it. Following this method, try putting the game console in your console and see if this problem is fixed. Repeat this method if necessary.
3. Banana Method: Use a banana that is peeled and cut in half. Use one half of the banana and gently scratch it from inside to outside. Repeat several times. After you rub the banana on the disc, run the disc under warm water and remove the banana residue. Dry the disc and see if it plays in your console. Repeat this method if necessary.
4. Skip Scratch Fixer Method: Buy a small disk scratch remover machine designed to clean and buff your game disc to remove a game scratch. These inexpensive machines can be found cheaply online. This is a good investment as if you have this issue. Again you have a disc cleaning machine to remove scratches.
5. Petroleum Jelly Method: Rub a small amount of vaseline-like product into the rash. Let sit for 60 seconds. Next gently rub the vaseline of the disc in a straight line using the outward motion. Remove as much jelly as possible. Make sure the disc is clean and dry and insert it into the console to see if the jelly method works. Repeat this method if necessary.
Try the professional method: Either go to a place like GameStop or a professional disk scratch repair company. They will usually charge around $ 4 to $ 5 to ruffle your game disc and remove scratches. This will do so that the console can read the disc and you can then play your game.
Do you have any other methods to fix a scratched video game disc? Please let us know by commenting below.